Reports from the Secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, say the Executive Committee of the body met at the Saro-Maria Hotel in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia on Saturday, 12 October, 2013 to discuss pertinent issues in Nigeria football.
From the communique released after its meeting, the NFF went hard by placing heavy bans on one-time NFF General Secretary and former NFF Executive Committee member, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, and former NPL Chairman, Chief Rumson Victor Baribote.
Eyeonthesports.com has tried to get the persons affected by the decisions to respond to NFF actions, but they are yet to make any public statement. However we present an unedited communique sent to us by the media department of the federation;
COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION HELD IN ADDIS ABABA ON SATURDAY, 12TH OCTOBER, 2013
1) The Executive Committee praised the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR for finding time out of a very heavy schedule during the African Union summit in Ethiopia, to attend training session of the Super Eagles on Saturday, 12th October, 2013 which hugely inspired the players to defeat Ethiopia in a 2014 FIFA World Cup final elimination fixture, first leg in Addis Ababa on
Sunday, 13th October, 2013.
2) The Committee, based on the report of an investigative committee headed by Barrister Chris Green, approved a 10-year ban from all football-related activities on one-time NFF General Secretary and former NFF Executive Committee member, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi.
3) Similarly, the Committee, based on the report of an investigative committee headed by Chief Emeka Inyama, approved a 15-year ban from all football-related activities on former NPL Chairman, Chief Rumson Victor Baribote. These decisions take immediate effect.
4) The Executive Committee resolved to set up a four-man committee to
investigate an allegation of bribery against a member of the Executive Committee, Barrister Olaleye Adepoju. Barrister Chris Green is chairman and members are Chief Inyama, Hon. Shehu Adamu, Alhaji Muazu Kawu and Brigadier-General Emma Okaro (rtd), with Alizor Chuks as Secretary. In the meantime, Barrister Adepoju is suspended from Chairmanship of the Organising and Disciplinary Committee of the Federation.
5) Committee resolved to set up a four-man committee to investigate a petition against Mr. Chidi Ofor Okenwa, Chairman of the Enugu State Football Association. Vice President, Chief Umeh is chairman, with Chief Inyama, Alhaji Yusuf Fresh and Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande as members, with Danlami Alanana as secretary. The committee has two weeks to submit its report.
6) Executive Committee ordered the Nigeria National League to deduct three points and three goals from Gabros International FC’s campaign in this year’s competition, as a direct result of the club’s failure to pay CHF2,000 being cost of arbitration in a case against Hertha BSC Berlin FC of Germany.
7) The Committee expressed confidence in the ability of the U-17 National Team, also known as Golden Eaglets, to do Nigeria proud at the FIFA U-17 World Cup finals taking place in the United Arab Emrates between 17th October – 8th November, 2013.
8) Executive Committee approved the appointment of a retired FIFA-graded referee, Mr. Sani Zubairu, as Consultant to the NFF Referees Unit.
9) Committee approved confirmation of the appointment of Management Staff of the Federation, with a three-year contract spanning March 2011 – March 2014.
10) The Executive Committee approved the promotion and confirmation of
Members of Staff based on results of the last promotion/confirmation examinations.
11) The Committee approved Thursday, 28th November as date for the
2013 Annual General Assembly of Nigeria football, with Warri, Delta
State as venue.
In attendance: Aminu Maigari (President); Mike Umeh (Vice President);
Emeka Inyama (Member); Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Member); Effiong Johnson (Member); Christopher Green (Member); Muazu Suleyman (Member); Ayodeji Tinubu (Member); Shehu Adamu (Member); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Yusuf Ahmed Fresh (Member); Musa Amadu (Secretary).
Absent With Apology: Olaleye Adepoju (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member)
Signed: CHIEF EMEKA INYAMA
CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE.