World Super-middleweight champion Carl Froch says he “would not get out of bed” to defend his IBF title against James DeGale.
Froch was branded a ‘coward’ by mandatory challenger DeGale, 28, who beat Marco Antonio Periban on Saturday.
However, Froch refuses to compromise as he continues to consider retirement if he does not get a fight in Las Vegas.
“I’m just not motivated to fight another British kid in Britain”, Froch, 37, told BBC Radio Nottingham.
The IBF and WBA title holder from Nottingham confirmed that talks between his promoter and representatives of Mexico’s Julio Cesar Chavez Jr continue in the United States for a fight in Las Vegas.
“He is optimistic something can be done,” said Froch.
Froch has previously said that DeGale was not a big enough name to entice him into the ring.
“If I was told tomorrow by my promoter that I would be fighting DeGale in the early part of next year I don’t think that it’d get me out of bed in the morning to go running”.