President of Confederation of African Football, CAF, Issa Hayatou says the new hosts for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations will be named in about 48 hours.
Hayatou revealed the time frame in a live interview with TV channel France 24 on Tuesday. He said the tournament dates remained 17 January to 8 February.
It was announced earlier on Tuesday that original hosts Morocco backed out because of its fears over the Ebola outbreak on the continent.
Morocco had asked to postpone the competition until 2016 but CAF refused and expelled them from the finals.
When asked if he understood Morocco’s stance, Hayatou said: “No, I do not understand.
“We have been in contact with the Moroccan Football Federation, I led a delegation to Morocco and we had much dialogue with them that the Africa Cup of Nations, which is our main event, cannot be postponed.
“Once you postpone this event, it will open the door for everybody to ask for a delay of any competition and we will no longer be credible”.