2 Die As Fire Guts Mile 12 Market In Lagos

Mile 12 Market in flames

The popular Mile 12 Market in the Kosoefe area of Lagos State was early Friday gutted by fire, killing two people and destroying property and wares worth several millions of Naira.
The two casualties were men males who were said to have slept inside their shops when the incident began. Their corpses were recovered after the fire had been quelled by officials of the Lagos State Government.
According to official sources, the fire began around 5 a.m. in one of the shops and continued to spread to other shops.
Before the inferno was controlled, at least 20 shops had been razed. One car, three buses, two trucks and five motorcycles were also destroyed in the incident.
Though some of the residents could not tell the actual cause of the fire, General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, said he was sure the fire began from one of the shops loaded with kegs of petrol and diesel.
Oke-Osanyintolu however said the fire incident started at 4.45 a.m but was put out around 8.40 am.
This incident is coming barely 48 hours after the factory of the popular Fine Coat Company located in the Ijaiye area of the state was razed.


Pin It